| A) THE HOLY BIBLE
- The Holy Bible is the inspired Word of GOD and the New Testament is the basis for our beliefs and practices in this church.
- We believe that the Holy Bible was written by men who were divinely inspired, and is a perfect treasure of Divine revelation and heavenly instruction.
(II Timothy 3:16, 17)
- The Bible gives the true history of the creation of the heavens, the earth, and of mankind. It has GOD as its author, salvation as its end, and truth without any mixture of error for its matter.
- The Bible is a perfect revelation of the mind and will of GOD, and of GOD’s purpose and plan for humankind.
- We contend that there is true harmony in all the scriptures, when rightly divided (II Timothy 2:15), and that there is no plan of eternal salvation apart from that which is revealed within the pages of the Holy Scriptures.
B) ONE TRUE GOD
- Both Old and New Testaments affirm the solemn fact that there is one, and only one, living and true GOD.
(Deuteronomy 6:4; Galatians 3:2; Ephesians 4:6)
- There is but one GOD in essence and in person.
(Isaiah 43:10, 11; Isaiah 44:6, 8, 24; Isaiah 45:5, 18; Isaiah 46:9; Ephesians 4:6)
- He is the one true GOD from whom and in whom there is the triune manifestation, the divine three-fold manifestation and relationship known as:
- 1.Father – Creator, Source, and Originator of all things and all souls
- 2.Son – Redeemer of sinful human beings
(Matthew 1:21; John 3:16)
- 3.Holy Ghost – God indwelling, comforting, sustaining, and regenerating those of his church
(John 14:16-26; Romans 8:11; Ephesians 5:25-27)
C) JESUS IS THE GOD-MAN
- He is the true Son of GOD and the true Son of Man, according to the flesh, and He is the Savior of the world.
(John 1:1-14; I Timothy 3:16; Philippians 2:8-12)
- He was conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the virgin Mary
(Matthew1:20; Luke 1:21, 32, 35),
yet this does not destroy His pre-existence in the Spirit as the Mighty God
(Genesis 1:1; Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 11:23; Colossians 1:16, 17).
- He is the perfect embodiment of God — the express image of His person (personality)
(Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:3)
- We believe that salvation is wholly of grace, being provided by the atoning death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that Jesus Christ paid the penalty for the sins of all mankind, thereby redeeming us from everlasting punishment by the all-sufficient sacrifice of Himself on the cross at Calvary.
- We receive salvation by exercising a faith that produces in us obedience to the Gospel message.
- We accept GOD’s plan of salvation of baptism by water and spirit. Jesus Christ, who was our perfect example, though sinless, was baptized to fulfill righteousness.
(John 3:5; Matthew 3:15-17, Mark 1:9-11)
- Water baptism is essential for forgiveness of sins, and confirms our belief that Jesus Christ is the Son of GOD.
(Acts 2:38; Acts 8:37, Acts 22:16)
- Water baptism confirms the application of the blood of Jesus to the individual believer. It is the acknowledgment that the repentant believer receives Jesus as his/her personal Saviour and Lord and that the forgiveness and remission of personal sins is produced (validated, verified).
(1 Peter 3:21)
- Water-baptism is the actual declaration and affirmation of change from the old life to the new.
(2 Corinthians 5:17, Romans 6:3-4)
- Water baptism should be by immersion (Matthew 3:15-17, Acts 8:38-39), following the example and teachings of Christ’s chosen apostles- in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
(Acts. 2:38, Acts 8:16, Acts 10:48, Acts 19:3-5, Colossians 3:17)
F) THE HOLY SPIRIT
- The baptism of the Holy Ghost is the birth of the Spirit (John 3:5), necessary to place the believer in the kingdom of GOD or the body of Christ (the Church).
(I Cor. 12:12-13)
- To be filled with the Spirit means to be Spirit controlled as expressed by Paul.
- The outpouring of the Holy Ghost on the Day of Pentecost marked a “new dispensation” in the Spirit’s dealings with humanity as prophesied in the Old Testament.
(Isa. 28:11-12, Joel 2:28-29, Acts 2:16-21)
- The baptism of the Holy Ghost was also foretold by John the Baptist (Matt. 3:11), and promised by Jesus Christ. (John 14:26, 15:26)
- It was first poured out on the Jews(Acts 2:1-4),
- then upon the Samaritans (Acts 8:17), and
- finally upon the Gentiles.(Acts 10:44-46, 19:6)
- We believe that rebirth by the Holy Spirit is essential today as it was in the days of the Apostles.
- Tongue-speaking is the result of the baptism in the Holy Ghost with the manifestations of the fruit of the spirit.
(Acts 2:4, Galatians 5:22-23; Acts 10:46, 19:1-6)
- When one receives the baptismal Holy Ghost experience, we believe one will speak with a tongue unknown to oneself according to the sovereign will of Christ. Speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- We believe Holiness to be GOD’s standard of living for His people.
- We believe in a life of humility, consecration, and Godliness.